Safety is one of our greatest priorities, which is why volunteers must be at least 14 years old to participate in our construction site activities such as clean up and landscaping events (excluding building, demolition, power tools, roofing, etc). But, because we welcome everyone in our community to join us in our mission, regardless of age, we invite young supporters to contribute in other ways.
- Get outside, and meet your neighbors! You can help us to promote upcoming events by distributing flyers in businesses around town.
- Prepare lunch and/or snacks for our construction volunteers.
- Host a fundraising or education event. Do you have a special talent? Host a dinner theater, music concert, or play at your school or congregation. Proceeds from ticket sales could help purchase a front door or new windows for a Habitat house.
- Collect aluminum cans. Through a national partnership between the Aluminum Association and Habitat for Humanity International, aluminum cans are recycled via a network of drop-off locations to raise money for Habitat for Humanity to build decent, affordable housing for low-income families. Just by recycling a can once destined for the landfill, you are keeping our local environment clean, providing a needed resource for the aluminum recycling process, and most importantly, helping provide local housing to those in need. Bring in your aluminum cans to us at 425 South Broadway, Pitman NJ 08071
- Host a tool drive. Collect used tools that are no longer put to use so that our volunteers will always have the tool they need.
Please visit HABITAT YOUTH for games, activities and ideas to get your child (ages 16 and up) involved in Habitat.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org